Thursday, October 20, 2011

Walker Art Gallery & The Help

Two new experiences in the last couple of days.  First off, a friend of mine visited Minneapolis (a place I have never been) and told me all about his visit to the Walker Art Center.  The first public art gallery in the Upper Midwest, the Walker Art Center was very much worth the trip, I was told.  He did not get to spend much time there, but he was certainly glad he went, and suggested that I make my way there if I go to Minnesota for the first time.

Secondly, I finally saw The Help.  I liked it, although after hearing about the book from everyone else, I feel like I already knew what was going to happen in the film version of the Kathryn Stockett novel.  But overall, it was a good movie, but I don't know if I can look at chocolate pie again.  Gross.

So one good movie, and one good art gallery.  One thing I can cross off my list, and one thing that is now added.

No comments:

Post a Comment