Friday, October 21, 2011

Ford Truck vs. Toyota Prius

From earlier posts about my Ford F150, I am thinking about trading in my (or selling) my Ford truck and looking for something new.  I'm not exactly sure what I want, but it would be great if I could manage to get a new car, with double the gas mileage of the Ford F150, and spay less per month than I do with my Ford truck, even with a payment.  I probably butchered the explanation of what I want, but it's late and it's not all that important.  There are some cars that fit my criteria.  Unfortunately, one of those is not the Toyota Prius.

After years of scoffing at the Toyota Prius, I have come to appreciate them.  I don't really like their look, but they are growing on me.  I do love the Toyota Prius MPG, which would be very welcome after a decade of 16 or 17 MPG.  I also enjoy how quiet the Prius is.  Have you ever been inside of one?  I think everyone, during the first ride inside of one, asks, "Did it just shut off?" the first time it stops at a stop sign.

But alas, I really don't like to spend a ton of money on cars, so the Toyota Prius is out, even with the vaunted Toyota Prius MPG.  I'll keep looking around for something to replace my sweet Ford truck.  As loud and gas guzzling as it is, it's still my baby.  Problem is, I have a real baby on the way, which will make #2 for my me and my wife.  The Ford F150 just won't fit me and the kids.

Any ideas on reliable and cheap cars available?

No comments:

Post a Comment