Friday, October 21, 2011

Reading Free Books about the Prohibition Era

After recently watching the Ken Burns PBS documentary Prohibition, I have been motivated to read all I can about the prohibition era.  The whole time period is fascinating to me as I still cannot wrap my head around what life must have been like.

I went to Google Books and found a lot of free books on the subject, but there was so many it got a little overwhelming.  Does anyone have a good idea of where to get started on reading about the prohibition era?  I also know that the Digital Book Index has some free books that you can download to your e-reader.  So I have some options.  Now I just need to find the time!

You know, Ken Burns can tell a story about as well as anyone, so maybe I'll just leave it at that.  But if I can find some free books on the subject, why not read them?

No comments:

Post a Comment