Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Breaking Dawn and the New Kindle

So my wife the other day reminds me that the first installment of the Breaking Dawn movie, the latest in Stephanie Meyer's vampire saga, is set to open in November.  I've heard this before, and don't tell my friends, but I'm actually looking forward to seeing the movie too.  Not that I'm a huge fan, but I have seen the first three movies, and by now I just need to see how it ends.

But just when I think she cannot be anymore excited and anxious about something she then decides that she has to get her hands on the new Kindle.  I have had a Kindle for the last couple of years.  In fact, I do not even know what version Kindle I have, it's been that long since I got it.  But I love it.  I love the fact that I can read at the gym, while I'm getting my oil change, and with one hand in bed or on the couch.  I also love that I can get Amazon textbooks from it.  I still prefer actual textbooks, but maybe I'm just too old. 

My wife has never been interested in my Kindle.  Until, that is, a friend of hers got one and showed it off.  Now it's all the rage in my house.  But my wife loves to read (getting back to the Breaking Dawn movie), and if the Kindle is what she wants for her birthday or Christmas, then I'll put it on her list.

We must lead boring lives if a Stephanie Meyer vampire movie and a Kindle cause all this excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment