Friday, October 21, 2011

Losing Weight Without A Points Calculator and Weight Watchers Meetings

A few months ago I stepped on the scale and found that I had reached a weight that I had never reached before.  I have never been a big guy, and in fact, in college I did all I could to get UP to 150 pounds.  But on this day a few months ago I found myself at 180 pounds and knew I needed to do something.  Like lose 25 pounds.

I had no interest in doing anything like going to Weight Watchers Meetings and using a points calculator.  However, I did get told about an app called myfitnesspal.  myfitnesspal is similar to the points calculator used by Weight Watchers, but instead of counting points you count calories.  There is a huge database of foods and you simply input the foods and number of servings into your phone or computer, and the program keeps track of the calories you ingest throughout the day.

Now, I'm not saying you'll end up in Cosmo someday, but this program is better than what you'll find with your Cosmopolitan magazine subscription.  Your Cosmopolitan magazine subscription will give you nice fad diets, but if you want something to lose weight and get healthy the correct way, myfitnesspal is a great option.

By the way, I was able to get down to 155 pounds in 6 months.  Woohoo!

What do you think?  Have you had success with weight loss apps?  Has Weight Watchers meetings and points calculators worked for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment